Here at scappadays.com (we, us), we are committed to protecting the
data that we hold and use about you and to respecting your privacy. We
are confident that you will find the information that you need set out
in this policy, but if you need to know more about the data that we hold
or the way that we use it, you can contact us by emailing [email protected]
- About this policy
- The way that we use your personal data
- What personal data do we collect?
- How do we collect personal data?
- How do we use personal data?
- How do we share your personal data?
- Security and retention of your personal data
- Your rights
- How to contact us
1. About this policy
The "data controller" of your personal data (in other words, the organization that determines how your data is used) is Cyber Gust LTD, Larnaca, Cyprus.
2. The way that we use your personal data
A. What personal data do we collect?
This policy gives you information about the way that we use your "personal data". Personal data is any information that could be used to identify you in some way. The personal data that we collect from or about you may include the following:
- e-mail address;
- phone number;
- any location or category preferences you have subscribed to in relation to the products and services we offer;
- location information from the device that you use to visit the site;
- financial, credit and debit card information when you make a purchase or call our customer service line;
- information about the products and services you purchase from us;
- information about your visit to our websites, including information about how and when you came to visit our websites, how you interacted with the websites (products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and where you went next (including full URLs and methods used to browse away from the site);
- technical information about the way that you use web or mobile services, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information if you register on our website or via our app, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, device information;
- information collected from our websites and elsewhere across the internet through cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, device identifiers and other technologies including information about your shopping habits and preferences; and
- demographic information and other information provided by you.
Although we may offer items or services for purchase which may be relevant to children, we do not intend for any of our sites or services to be used by children, and we do not intend to collect data from children.
B. How do we collect personal data?
Directly from you:
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- register on our site as a customer or make an inquiry;
- purchase any of our products or services;
- participate in our message boards blogs or any other user generated content facilities;
- send emails to us; and
- use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
you with a good experience when you browse the site (for example,
certain cookies help to remember your preferences or items that you have
placed in your 'basket' on the site) and also allows us to improve the
site. Other cookies help us to tailor online advertising based on your
interests and behavior on our website and across the internet.
Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, and we also collect your IP address or other device identifier (this enables us to recognize your computer or device when you use the site) via our server log files.
From other sources:
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following:
- We may collect data from the merchants who advertise their products or services on our site, for example about your redemption of any voucher that you buy from us or if we provide delivery services to the merchant whereby we post the products to you on behalf of the merchant;
- We work closely with third parties providing services to us (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors providing technical, payment and delivery services related to the goods or services we provide to you, advertising networks, social networking platforms, analytics providers, search information providers) and we may also receive information about you from them;
- if you enter sweepstakes, special offers or contests sponsored by us or one of our business partners;
- In some circumstances related to a particular transaction, we may obtain data from public databases or credit reference agencies; and
- We may combine information that we collect about you from other sources with the information that you give to us directly. We may use this combined information as described in this policy;
C. How do we use personal data, and what is our justification for doing so?
We use your personal data for a variety of purposes related to the products and services that we provide. We collect your data for the reasons listed below.
The provision of products and services offered to you:
For advertising and marketing purposes, including to measure how effective our marketing is:
For administrative and internal business purposes:
For security and legal and compliance purposes:
D. How do we share your personal data?
We will never sell your personal data to third parties. Your personal data is only shared with trusted third parties for a specific reason, such as to facilitate payments, to enable the sending of emails to customers and suppliers, or to manage our sales process or the provision of customer services to you. The various ways in which we will share your data are set out below:
We host offers on behalf of third party merchants on our website and, as such, we will share some information about you with the merchant when you purchase a voucher from us to be redeemed against the product or service offered by them. In almost all cases, this is because such sharing is necessary in connection with our performance of our contract with you, and in some other cases it may be in our legitimate interests to do this since this enables us and the merchants to provide you with competitive offers for a range of products and services and to prevent fraud. This also helps improve the services we and the merchants offer to you.
We engage various third parties to provide services to us for specific functions, and this will often mean that we need to share your personal data with them (it is in our legitimate interests to do so, since we may not have the capabilities to provide these services ourselves). In each case, we will ensure that these third parties are only allowed to use your personal data in order to provide the relevant services to us. We will always make sure that we use organizations that we trust to look after your personal data appropriately and as required by applicable laws.
Some examples of these third parties will include: credit card processing services, order fulfillment, analytics, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, auditing, and other similar services.
We may from time to time work with online advertisers, social media platforms and advertising networks to deliver, tailor and measure advertising to you and others both on the site and elsewhere on the internet (including on social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram. We also use various tools and products which involve the sharing of data with Google and Facebook to deliver, measure and tailor our online advertising.
The personal data that we allow to be shared with these third parties includes online identifiers such as IP address, data from cookies or similar technologies, or other device related information.
Similarly, we may share certain online identifiers with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our site.
You can choose not to allow your data to be used to deliver targeted advertising by changing your settings within social media platforms, or as described in the third party privacy policies set out above.
If we sell or propose to sell our business or part of it, we may need to disclose your personal data to prospective buyers. Similarly, if there are changes to our group structure or if our ownership changes, we may need to disclose your personal data to the new owners or operators of this site or any of our apps as part of that process.
There may be scenarios where we are subject to a legal obligation to disclose or share your personal data, such as with law enforcement agencies or public authorities in order to prevent or detect crime.
3. Security and retention of your personal data
4. Your rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
What are cookies?
In addition to personal information you provide, we may also collect information about you automatically when you visit the Site or access content in our electronic communications with you.
Most internet browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. If you choose not to receive our cookies, you may not be able to use some of the core features of the Site.
The information collected by cookies and web beacons is not tied to your contact details (such as your name or email address), it only includes general information about your computer settings, your connection to the internet e.g. operating system and platform, IP address, your browsing patterns and timings of browsing on the Site and geographical location.
You can learn more about cookies and how to reject cookies using different types of browser by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Separate tools are also available for managing local shared objects or 'Flash cookies' from the Adobe website. These cookies may be used to manage the effective delivery of services using video or other flash related content.
While you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to undertake certain services on our website or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
What type of cookies do we use?
How to manage cookies
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
6. Privacy policies of other websites
8. How to contact us